Friday, 29 July 2011

God's favour

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
    because the Lord has anointed me 
      to preach good news to the poor.
        He has sent me to bind up 
           the broken-hearted,
             to proclaim freedom
                for the captives
                   and release from darkness
                       for the prisoners,
                           to proclaim the year 
                               of the Lord's favour
                                   and the day of vengeance
                                        of our God,
                                            to comfort all who mourn,
                                          and provide for those 
                                      who grieve in Zion-
                                   to bestow on them 
                                a crown of beauty
                             instead of ashes,
                          the oil of gladness
                        instead of mourning,
                     and a garment of praise
                   instead of a spirit of despair.
                 They will be called
               oaks of righteousness,
             a planting of the Lord
          for the display of His splendour"


                                            Isaiah 61:1-3



These words hold new meaning for me due to events recently in Mozambique - where God's splendour was shown in the areas of healing and deliverance. Those folk will never be the same again! He moved there - He can move here at home! Why not?

Gill, my friend and house-mate, has a prophetic edge and she recently shared that she has two words for me:
"Ointment" and "Bandages". What exactly this means I'm not yet sure BUT I know it will be revealed to me in time...

I also found a scripture a young  friend, Jenny, gave:
"When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness."
                                                                                                    Prov 31v26


I pray the Holy Spirit breathes life into me and sends power to apply these things in my everyday life.
May I never limit Him or doubt my authority in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment