Tuesday, 26 July 2011

The first of many... I hope

I am generally the persevering type. When it comes to journaling ,however, I begin enthusiastically and slack off after a couple of days or weeks. It then takes some huge joy or major disaster to bring me back to writing. I'll see how this goes....

Having coffee with ,my good friend, Sue this morning so special. I don't know what I'd do without her. She is one of those practical, compassionate and attentive listeners. It was a rare treat since I would normally be slaving away in the salt-mines. I am, fortunately, in the last week of my leave so I can drop in on her anytime!

I had to use my brain this morning when I bought some gravel to fill in a section of our driveway. (My mechanic is tired of fixing my bashed oil sump.) I measured the area, Mr. Bean style, and worked out the required gravel. Well the figure I arrived at looked way to large so I humbly asked the lady at the hardware store to calculate the amount using my measurements. It took exactly 30s. Talk about embarrassing!
Anyway, the gravel has arrived and I have begun the filling process. I felt really tired after a while and decided "Tomorrow is another day!" Not usually my attitude although I have been known to procrastinate on various occasions

I suppose the weather is going to be much the same tomorrow
Thank God for coffee!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment