It has been a while.. In the mean time my lovely dog, Bella, passed away. Her brother, now alone, is showing signs of accepting the once ousted cat. Life is different but it isn't bad.
I recently went to Russia and one of the times I will never forget is when we went hunting for a decent cup of coffee. This shouldn't be that difficult since St. Petersburg is full of them. I suppose the language and the extreme cold affected us. Eventually we were DESPERATE and we saw this elegant, beautiful place. To our surprise Nathan offered to pay if it was really expensive. We were pretty sure it was going to be so we went in.
It was a stylish place with loads of coffee paraphernalia but not really any tables so we thought they might be upstairs.. No upstairs was definitely some kind of sales area. Down went again feeling rather disappointed.
Heidi was visibly uncomfortable but we were desperate! Eventually we saw an area with some chairs which looked quite promising. We asked in very broken Russian whether we could have a cup of coffee. They asked which flavour we would like and promptly went work. They served it in small espresso cups with a little biscuit. It was delicious! When Nathan wanted to pay all she said was "It is taste-station". At that point we all felt uncomfortable. To minimize the discomfort Nathan and I traipsed off to buy a bit of their great coffee. Not a bad outcome at all!

No comments:
Post a Comment