Sunday, 18 December 2011

These feet were made for walking...

.. but enough is enough! 


Friday saw some friends and I walking, climbing and descending hills of the Suikerbosrand reserve. 17km doesn't seem that bad - until you try with the wrong shoes on.
Three quarters of the way my feet began feeling every stone and believe me there were plenty stones everywhere!!


The best bit was when I almost lost my left shoe in a muddy stream. I snatched it just as it was about to disappear in the mud. Can you imagine how I would have coped without it?! Considering this I was oh too grateful to listen to the squishing sound and feel the mud on my socks..


Eventually, we all made it to camp alive. I have never been so glad to drink water in my life!


It wasn't all bad, though. The scenery and the sounds were amazing..


                                                       Heidi - one of the fittest in our group.

No comments:

Post a Comment